Mater Eucharistiae is the first ever recording from the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist.
The fifteen peaceful and serene songs of this debut release will include original compositions written by the Sisters that reflect their Dominican spirituality, along with a selection of modern and ancient hymns and chants in English and in Latin. Singing both a capella and with the accompaniment of organ, trumpet, and chimes, the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist have created a collection that is reflective of the music in their daily community life.
The Sisters may be recognized due to their multiple appearances on “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” and the extensive publicity they have received in the US and Canada through outlets such as The New York Times, The Detroit Free Press, The Washington Post, CNN, Fox News and beyond. The Dominican Sisters of Mary placed in the finals of “The American Bible Challenge”, hosted by Jeff Foxworthy on The Game Show Network. The Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, founded over 20 years ago and with over 140 Sisters currently in the Community, also have teaching missions in schools all over the US. They chant the Divine Office throughout the day and their favorite hymns throughout the year, while also composing music of their own. They follow in the thirteenth-century footsteps of St. Dominic, while very much engaging the modern world. Their Motherhouse is in Ann Arbor, MI, and they are in the process of building a new Religious House in Texas.
- Holy Mary Mother of God
- Jesu Dulcis Memoria
- Te Deum
- O Gloriosa Virginum
- Ave Maria To Thee Holy Virgin
- Quid Retribuam
- I Am In Thy Hands O Mary
- Sicut Cervus
- Stella Splendens
- Pange Lingua
- The Annunciation
- Ave Maris Stella
- Angelus Ad Virginem
- Adoro Te
- Salve Regina
- Artist: The Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist
- Album Title: Mater Eucharistiae
- Release date: August 13, 2013
- Recording Dates: March 12-13 (at their chapel in Ann Arbor, Mi)
- Producer: Blanton Alspaugh, 2013 Grammy Award Winning Classical Producer of Year
- Engineer: John Newton (3x Grammy Award Winner)
- Conductor: Dr. Scott Piper, Assistant Professor of Music in Voice, University of Michigan
- Recording Label: De Montfort Music
- Distributor: The Decca Label Group/Universal Music Group
By ordering directly from our website, an extra portion of the proceeds will go towards assisting us in funding the many current formation and education needs of our Sisters.
For those who prefer to order by check, please send a check for $20 per CD to:
4597 Warren Road
Ann Arbor MI 48105